Our Eco Forkie

We love Toy Story in our house, it was a big hit when we went to see the latest installment at the cinema this summer.  Forkie is a particular favourite.  For me he is brilliant as the whole premise of the character is he is made from rubbish and then loved by his creator.  So rather than spend up to £10 on the official 'make your own kit' (which seems bizarre to me given the whole concept of the character).  We developed our own from bits lying around our house; the perfect half-term activity.


  • Used lolly pop sticks from ice creams over the summer 
  • Wooden spork from a Waitrose lunch
  • Playdoh from the cupboard
  • Repurposed googly eyes and pipe-cleaners collected from numerous craft projects brought home from nursery/school (I have a rather large pot of these as I can't bring myself to bin them, I knew they would come in useful)
  • thread from the sewing box
  • and some PVA
 The kids loved collecting all the parts and assembling them to make their very own Forkies.
  

Comments

  1. Interesting post. I really appreciate you quality work. Keep going. I am following you because of great thoughts. Thanks for sharing such a nice information.nostalgia old fashioned ice cream maker recipes
    nostalgia 4 quart ice cream maker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts