Bringing Joy Inside

I am not sure where we went wrong with our sunflowers this year.  I would love to blame it on the lack of sunshine this summer but I see so many stunning sunflowers in other gardens I pass!  I think we may have planted them too late.  Our sunflowers are all well over 7ft but the flowers are not opening up.  In the high winds a week ago one of them snapped so we bought it indoors on the off chance it may do something.  This morning it was in full bloom bringing joy into the kitchen.  The ones outside are still closed up.  I think I will bring them all inside so we can enjoy them when they open.  As we are half way through October I am not sure this will happen naturally outside as the temperatures drop.  There is something about a sunflower that just makes me smile.    


Comments

Popular Posts