Plastic and Waste free Sparkling water

One of the things I have missed a lot since giving up plastic is sparkling water.  Yes, you can get it in glass bottles but they cost so much more than the plastic supermarket own brand bottles and it seems so wasteful.  So for my birthday I asked for a Sodastream.  I love it already. The water bottle gets used over and over again.  The gas cylinders can be returned and replaced for a full one at half the price than buying one new (only £11.99 at Lakeland vs £22.99 for a brand new one).  The best thing is I make it as I need it.  Sodastream pride themselves on being 'Earth Friendly' and I love their financial incentive to buy refilled cylinders of gas.    


The box it arrived in was almost plastic free.  Just a thin plastic bag around the Sodastream, other than that it was all cardboard.  I am not sure how necessary the bag is/was I will be raising this with them.


Comments

Popular Posts