More Simple Swaps in the Bathroom

As I continue to use things up I am forced to look for new plastic free alternatives.  Here are a few more bathroom swaps I have found.   I had not even considered some until this year.


Deodorant in a cardboard tube.  I use deodorant daily and until this year had not even considered it was even in plastic.  This is a deodorant by Ben and Anna, I am currently using the pink grapefruit which is working really well.  The top of the tube does go a little soggy and dog-eared with use but other than that it is great.  This is also an organic product.  There are lots of options out there for deodorant even local homemade ones.  I intend to try a few as this one is very expensive compared to my old one in plastic.

Bamboo cotton buds by Alyn Cotton Buds. I ordered these off amazon, they came in a large cardboard box. not a drop of plastic in sight.  Quite a few cotton buds are paper and cotton so not even plastic (Waitrose and Johnsons) but for some reason the packaging is a plastic box.  I have been putting mine in the compost bin.  I will see how long they take to biodegrade.  

Hand cream in a glass pot with a metal lid from Burts Bees Almond and Milk hand cream. It's proving great for dry hands and is going to last a while as you dintd need much.  Generally I have been looking around at plastic free alternative on creams, this was the first one I found.  For some reason bath oils and salts seem to come more in glass more than other products for the body.  I know some people use coconut butter which is easy to find in the food section in glass jars with metal lids.  I am yet to try this though and have heard differing reviews depending on your skin type.  There are also a few local businesses I am going to try out who encourage you to return their packaging to refill.

Comments

Popular Posts