Hot Cross Buns

We are visiting family this Easter bank holiday weekend.  I thought: what better gift to turn up to their house with on Good Friday than hot cross buns?


As I had the day off work yesterday, I thought I would try making them myself to avoid the plastic packaging. That and the recipie called for an orange and and apple both of which were going slightly past their best in the fruit bowl. So a win win! I followed Paul Hollywood's recipie. All I can say is I am glad I had the day off work as these took the good part of a day to make. But they are some of the best hot cross buns I have tasted (even if I do say so myself). They look beautiful and have gone down a treat with all the family.



I hope you all have some lovely relaxing plans for your long bank holiday. We seem to have got lucky with the weather, sun, sun and more sun.

Comments

Popular Posts