Ethical Easter Eggs

I spotted these very 'green' looking Easter eggs in Lakeland.  This is not a brand I have seen before but all the signals from their packaging told me this was going to be a good egg. 


And I was right.  Montezuma Chocolate Eco Egg is the full package.
  • the packaging is biodegradable and recyclable.
  • the chocolate is organic 
  • suitable for vegans 
  • gluten free
  • palm oil free
While they do not carry the Fairtrade Mark they do have a section on 'trading fairly' on their website. 

The eggs come in dark chocolate with cocoa nibs  and milk chocolate with butterscotch.

I love that this 'quality' of packaging is acceptable on our shop shelves, this eco/green movement is making it possible.  Completely driven by consumerism I am sure, a gift great for virtue signalling.  But if this means next year (or maybe in a few more) all chocolate companies drop the plastic egg moulds and windows, that would be amazing.  Little steps, big impact.


Comments

Popular Posts